VACANCY FOR TWO JOB POSITIONS30.03.2016
Work title: Administrator
Workplace: Innovation Hub Istog, Kosovo
Job start: 15 April 2016
Timeframe: One-year contract.
The NGO Syri i Vizionit primarily aims to promote local democracy as well as citizens and childrens participation in Kosovo. In its continuous efforts to enforce democratic practices, Syri i Vizionit has put special emphasis on promotion of good governance, accountability, transparency and public participation in decision-making with a particular focus on youth involvement in decision-making as active citizens of the future.
Kosovo Association of Information and Communication Technology (STIKK) in cooperation with Syri i Vizionit are implementing the European Union funded project Harnessing innovation & entrepreneurship in cross-border region of Kosovo and Montenegro.
The Overall Objective of this project is to contribute to sustainable economic development by fostering innovation & entrepreneurship in the tourism industry. The project aims to introduce use of the Innovation Hub in Istog and Berane, which will strive on capitalizing on the local intellectual resources provided by the end beneficiaries, who are the local inhabitants that are involved in the tourism industry, but also the broader population of Kosovo and Montenegro that are received to contribute in the project.
Syri i Vizionit and STIKK seeks to employ two administrators in the Innovation Hub in the framework of the project Harnessing innovation & entrepreneurship in cross-border region of Kosovo and Montenegro.
Main responsibilities and tasks:
Project staff, different stakeholders such as local institutions, local and regional nongovernmental organisations, businesses, etc.
Project officers in the Innovation Hub are responsible of:
- Implementing the project/activities that will be carried out in Istog Innovation Hub.
- Consulting and assisting development of innovative initiatives in the Hub.
- Organising meetings and conferences with governmental and nongovernmental organisations responsible of developing tourism and innovation in Kosovo.
- Assisting and moderating trainings and workshops
- Coordinating the Innovation Hub in Istog, thus creating access for youth in implementation of activities.
- Maintain contacts over e-mail for the interested persons in the Hub.
Qualifications and experience:
- University diploma or qualification in the field of IT, Tourism or Entrepreneurship.
- Knowledge of both spoken and written English, Serbian/Bosnian language preferred.
- Knowledge about institutions responsible of innovation and tourism development in Kosovo.
- Knowledge about organising activities and reporting.
- Teamwork skills, but also self-initiative.
- Knowledge of computer programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, etc.)
- The person should not be convicted or under investigation for criminal offences.
It is preferred:
- Work experience in a local nongovernmental organisation, or business
- Females, members of all ethnic groups, people with special needs and recently graduated are particularly encouraged to apply
Applications must be in English (including a Letter of Motivation and Europass CV) and submitted on 08 April 2016 the latest in electronic form at [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]
Interviews on 13 April 2016 (only for the shortlisted candidates)